|Mixed Fruit Tart|
Pâte Sucrée- Sweet Crust
200 g soft flour
50 g sugar
Pinch of salt
125 g unsalted butter
|Mini fruit tarts|
|Tropical Fruit Tart|
250 mL whole milk
3 Egg Yolks
75 g caster sugar
1 Vanilla Pod
1. Assemble pastry: sift the flour with salt. Cream the butter and sugar. Add lemon zest. Add vanilla to egg and incorporate into mixture in three equal parts. At all the flour at once and mixed together by hand. Do not over mix. Wrap with plastic to roll flat.
2. Pastry cream: transfer milk to a large pot and bring to boil with split vanilla bean added. Was eggs and sugar together in a separate bowl, add flour to eggs and mix well. Add cornstarch and mix. Add one half milk, mix, and another one half milk keeping vanilla pod and the mixture. Transfer to a clean pan. Cook on stove until just starts to bubble. Remove from heat and whisk to ensure no lumps. Transferred to clean trade to cool covered with buttered paper, or plastic film.
3. Crème Anglaise: split the vanilla pod, add to milk and scald on the stove. Add sugar and eggs in separate bowl, mix. Add one half of milk to egg and sugar mixture. Stir to incorporate, add second half of milk. Transfer to a clean can and cook over medium heat, stirring continuously until mixture just coats the back of a spoon. Do not allow to boil. Transfer to clean pan, and cover with butter parchment or plastic film making sure to remove all air pockets.
4. Roll pastry flat, and line tart pan with dough. Dock with fork, and bake blind using parchment paper, and pie weights in a 350°F Oven until just golden. Remove, and allow to cool.
5. Knock back pastry cream, and fill tart shell. Slice fruit, and decorate making sure that all pastry cream is covered. Brush fruit with Nappage to protect color, and prevent oxidation.
6. Garnish with mint leaves and serve with Crème Anglaise on the side.