Saturday, April 10, 2010
Grilled Tandoori Chicken & Vegetable Skewers
The Grill and Wok are going to be fired up today for my Tandoori Chicken & Vegetable Skewers.....Some Stir Fry, and Coconut Jasmine Rice! I see no need to cook inside when you can stand over the grill with a cold beverage in hand.................
2 Pounds Boneless Chicken Breast
4 Dried New Mexico Red Chilies , seeded and soaked
2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
1 1/2 Cup Onion, Chopped
2 Teaspoons Light Brown Sugar
2 Each Bermuda Onions, Cubed
1 Fresh Pineapple, Peeled and Cubed
1 Pound Crimini Mushrooms, washed
2 Each Zucchini, Cubed
2 Red Bell Peppers, Cubed
1/2 Pound Cherry tomatoes
Black Pepper, To Taste
Kosher Salt, To Taste
1. Grind soaked chilies, garlic and onion to make a paste.
2. Combine sugar, coconut cream, fish sauce, tamarind water and salt. Stir to incorporate with paste.
3. Cube chicken breast and place chicken in a shallow dish.
4. Pour over spice mixture over chicken. Turn to coat.
5. Cover, and reserve in refrigerator for 2 hour allowing the chicken to marinade.
6. Assemble skewers alternating chicken breast, and Fresh vegetables until skewer is filled. Reserve Marinade to baste during cooking.
7. Grill skewers over medium- high heat while, basting occasionally ,until cooked thoroughly. Discard Marinade
8. Garnish with Basil and Chopped Cilantro.