Welcome to the place where I share my adventures in the kitchen with the world. This page has seen quite a few changes over the years, and no doubt has more to follow. This is where I share recipes, document travel adventures, and share some of my photographs. Please feel free to add a few comments and join the discussion.
Thursday, April 15, 2010
Margarita Chicken with Smoked Tomato Salsa
4 chicken breasts, boneless skinless
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
2 tablespoons tequila
1clove garlic, minced
1 cup smoked salsa-see recipe
1. combine chicken, olive oil, lime juice,orange juice, tequila, jalapeño, and garlic in a nonreactive glass bowl. Marinate in refrigerator for at least two hours.
2. While the chicken marinades make the salsa.
3. Remove chicken from marinade and grill until completely cooked. Discard the marinade.
Smoked heirloom tomato salsa
1/2 pound heirloom tomatoes
1 cucumber, peeled and seeded
1 jalapeño, minced
1 tablespoon cilantro, minced
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
salt and black pepper to taste
1. Peel onion, and smoke with the tomatoes for approximately 20 minutes over desired wood.
2. When cooled chop the tomatoes, and onion, then combine in a nonreactive glass bowl.
3. Combine tomatoes, cucumber, onion, cilantro, jalapeño and lime juice.
4. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and reserve until ready to serve.