Tuesday, February 7, 2012
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups ground hazelnuts
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 pinch ground cloves
1 cup cold unsalted butter
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1 1/2 cups raspberry preserves
1. In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients.
2. Cut in butter, using a pastry blender or knife, until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
3. Add eggs and lemon zest; stir until mixture forms a ball. Cut finished dough into 4 equal pieces. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours or until chilled.
4. Remove two portions of dough from refrigerator; press each into an ungreased 9-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Spread 2/3 cup jam over each.
5. Between two sheets of lightly floured parchment paper, roll one portion of remaining dough into a rectangle. Cut six 1-in.-wide strips; arrange in a lattice design over jam.
6. Repeat with remaining dough (return dough to the refrigerator if needed).
7. Bake at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly and crust is browned.
8. Cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired prior to service.