Tuesday, June 7, 2011
Twice Baked Potatoes
yield: 10 servings
10 each Russet potatoes
2 ounces unsalted butter
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
1 each egg yolk
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 ounces Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon fresh parsley, minced
1. Pierce the potatoes with the kitchen for corn knife. Bake in a 425°F oven for about one hour, or until very tender and cooked through.
2. Remove the tops of the potatoes by slicing them lengthwise. Scoop out the potatoes centers, and reserve.
3. While the potatoes centers are still hot mix with the butter, salt, and pepper. Fold in the egg yolk, hot cream, and minced parsley.
4. Pipe the potato mixture back into the skins using a pastry bag with a large star shaped tip.
5. Sprinkle the potatoes with Parmesan cheese. Return them to the oven and bake at 375°F until heated thoroughly and lightly brown on the tops.