1 tbsp simple syrup
8 tbsp melted white chocolate
1 tbsp unsalted butter
2 pounds cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 tbsp sour cream
2 cups cooked pureed mango
Note: To make simple syrup, put 1 tbsp water and 1 tbsp sugar in saucepan. Cook over low heat until clear, then boil for a minute or so, until thickened.
For the crust:
Combine simple syrup, macadamias, graham cracker crumbs and brown sugar. Set aside.
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler (or microwave it in a glass bowl).
- Grease a 12-inch spring-form pan with butter and line the outside bottom of pan with foil for a tight seal. Set aside.
- Place crust mixture into the bottom of pan and press firmly.
- In the large bowl of an electric mixer, cream together cream cheese and sugar.
- Slowly add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add while mixing on low speed, vanilla, sour cream, and melted chocolate.
- Mix to incorporate evenly.
- Fold in pureed mango.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Fill a roasting pan with about 2 to 3 inches of warm water. Place cheesecake in the water bath and place pan on center rack of oven.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 45-60 minutes. It's done when toothpick inserted in center comes out dry. Turn off oven, open the door slightly and let cheesecake cool in the oven for 1 hour.
- Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours prior to service.
- When cake is chilled, remove spring-form pan and place cheesecake on platter, leaving cheesecake on bottom of spring-form pan during service.