Wednesday, April 20, 2011
One 3 to 4 pound stewing chicken, cut into serving pieces
3 Cups Long Grain Rice
1/4 Cup Canola Oil
3 White Onions(Medium) - chopped fine
6 Cups Chicken Stock
1 Tablespoon Sea Salt, or to taste
4 Cloves Garlic, Minced
1 Cup Green Onions, Chopped
1/2 Cup Green Bell Pepper, Diced
1/2 Cup Celery - Chopped fine
1/4 teaspoon Freshly Milled Black Pepper
1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper, or to taste
2 Tablespoons Louisiana Hot Sauce
1. Fry chicken in oil until golden brown. Remove chicken and drain the oil leaving just enough oil to cover bottom of pot. Add white onions, and fry until golden brown.
2. Return the chicken back into the pot with onions, and add Garlic, and Chicken Stock( Make sure to note the level of stock).
3. Add remaining seasoning and simmer covered until chicken is tender (If necessary, add additional stock to bring back to previous level).
4. Bring to a boil, and add rice. Simmer uncovered for about 15 minutes then stir rice.
5. Cover the pot with a tight fitting lid, let steam for 15 minutes, or until rice is tender. Turn rice once more, and remove from heat.
6. Let stand for 10 minutes prior to service.
Don't forget to try out these favorites too!